Friday, April 29, 2011

BLESSED

What a sweet, sweet blessing to be at home today with my children.  Today we will read, laugh, learn, cook & clean.  I will also sit by my 'bird window' & watch the beautiful birds visiting my feeder.  The little chick a dee that visits is darling!



Outside we are working on a second garden.  I can't wait to plant all of the fresh veggies & pretty flowers.  The rain needs to stop for that to happen but it is sure to be soon.  This summer I will can...only my second year canning.  We are deciding on which veggies to plant; tomatoes, beans, herbs, cucumbers, peppers, pumpkins, strawberries, potatoes, lettuce, onion, and possibly more.  Eagerly waiting to plant.

This week I tried two new recipes; Three Cheese Quiche & Turkey and Dumplings.  Both very delicious and liked by all!

Three Cheese Quiche
1 cup slice fresh mushrooms
1 cup each chopped onions & fresh broccoli
5 eggs
1/3 cup may
1/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1 pie crust

Heat oven 375.
  1. Cook veggies in skillet for 5 mins.  Remove from heat.
  2. Beat eggs, milk, mayo with whisk till well blended.  Stir in veggies & 1/2 cup cheese, pour into pie crust.  Place crust on baking sheet.
  3. Bake 35 mins.  Top with remaining cheese, bake 5 more mins or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Let stand 10 mins.  Serve.

I am looking forward to tomorrow when hubby will be home (family day) and possibly warmer weather and sunshine!  I know April showers bring May flowers but I think we have had enough rain to last us the year.

Today's blessing: Green leaves on trees & flowering trees....just gorgeous!  It is looking beautiful outside.  Thank you Lord for the beauty outdoors each and every day!  You are to be praised!!

No comments: