Friday, May 6, 2011

THANK YOU LORD!

I am amazed at God's perfect timing.  It makes me smile to see the Lord's blessings on our life in so many ways!

After taking a Dave Ramsey class we realized we spent more than we should.  We had a simple choice - cut back or bring in more income.  We had been sloppy in our spending so cutting back made sense.  At times we still spend more than we should but our efforts are working and God is helping us to wait on things. 

I am certain God delights in blessing his children in His timing.

Just recently someone blessed me with their Rosetta Stone Spanish program.  I have been wanting to purchase this but could not justify the money.  God put the program in my hands at no cost!  Now tell me that is not a gift from God!!
 
My children needed leo's for gymnastics.  They are not cheap ($40ish/each).  We were blessed with four leo's for $40.00 total.  Now that is a blessing!
 
I needed new tennis shoes and was about to buy a new pair when my neighbor brought over a brand new pair of running tennis shoes in my size!  God is so kind!
 
My daughter wants a whiteboard for her bedroom.  They are $20.00 but when I was at Marc's I found one for $3.00 which included a set of markers in 5 colors!  I know Mandy will love this.  Thank you Lord!
 
This week I tried to save on groceries.  Our fridge looked empty HOWEVER we ate the most delicious meals!  God gave me some great ideas and I felt as if our fridge was full. :)  Potato soup, grilled steaks, homemade cherry pie, roasted chicken, stuffing, homemade chicken soup, steak and eggs, homemade egg rolls and more.  It was a fun week of cooking from our reserves and my family said how awesome each meal was.
 
*I do not always get deals.  *I do not always buy used.  I am simply finding that when God does not provide the funds for something right away and I wait He provides the item if it's something He finds necessary.  And this is what I want to thank the Lord for.  He is such a kind, generous God!  THANK YOU GOD!!!
 
*P.S. We bought Mandy a new bike for her bday (shh, a surprise until Sunday) and my dear, dear hubby bought me a new Kindle for our anniversary.  Isn't he sweet!  :)

No comments: