Friday, April 15, 2011

PATIENCE

I am patiently waiting the arrival of today's yellow birds.  So far I have yet to see one.  I know the Lord will bring at least one to my feeder.

Today I'm mixing up a batch of egg rolls thanks to the Chinese Cooking Class recipes my daughter received.  I can't wait to see how they taste.  They look so yummy and are beginning to smell so delish!  I'll mix up a simple batch of rice to go along with these for dinner this evening.

(this is not my photo)
Egg Rolls

Combine 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp wine, 1/4 tsp salt with 1/2 cup pork, chicken or beef.  Stir fry mixture in 4 tbsp oil until brown, remove and drain.

Shred 1/2 cup carrot, 1 cup celery, 4 cups cabbage and cook 10 seconds in boiling water.

Drain veggies and mix with meat and 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sesame oil and 1/4 tsp pepper.

Divide mixture and place in egg rolls, fold, seal end flap with egg white. 

Deep fry egg rolls in preheated peanut or vegi oil for 4 mins, till golden brown.

Remove and drain.

Sauce: 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp white vinegar, 1 tsp shredded ginger root.

The girls are enjoying the sun on the trampoline in between studying.  I am thinking about taking an afternoon walk to enjoy all the sun God has blessed us with today.

Thank you Lord for sunshine! What a gift!

No comments: