Monday, April 18, 2011

PINK SLIP!

A friend posted this sentence on facebook and it made me THINK!! -

"If this (my stay at home life) was my job, would I get a raise, or a pink slip?"

Put it this way: If I was at a job, getting paid, official money, would I really be online & facebook, and other various items, as many hours as I currently am?  Would I stay up late and sleep in..call into work and say I'm going to be an hour or two behind schedule?  Would I put off a task because I'm too tired or because I'm not feeling up to it?

God convicted me that I need to take my job at home with my precious family more seriously than as if I was working for man.  I am training children for eternity.  We really only have so many days until our precious children will be gone from our care.  I can not do a good job, with the Lord's calling on my life, as a wife and mother, if I am spending hours on 'things'  (facebook, emails, phone, online) God has not asked me to do.

If my children are going to model after me it would break my heart to see them with their children (should the Lord have that in their future) spending hours (as I so often do); online, talking on the phone, texting, emailing, etc.  I would be ashamed to add up all of the time used in this area! :(


As I think about it I want my children to model after me qualities such as spending quality time in God's Word, caring for them, loving my husband, a bit more focused and above all depending on the Lord.

I know I need to set boundaries on my time.  I am going to do that starting NOW!  I can only do it with the Lord's help - guiding and directing me.


Are you also struggling in this area?  If you would like a 'time' accountability partner I would be be honored to be that partner.  Simply leave me a comment.

Matthew 18:19 I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth
concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

I will end by saying this would not be an issue if I could pull myself away from my computer after checking emails, blogging, etc.  I seem to get online and can't pull myself away.  That is what the Lord is convicting me of.

Be encouraged!  If God is convicting you of something you can do it with His help!

The yellow birds are back, the yellow birds are back :) ...and they are returning every day!  How beautiful they are!  They are like a little gift from God each day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Good words! Love the background and the picture of the goldfinch. Hint - the females are a lovely greenish yellow color and their preferred food of choice is Niger Seed - also known as Thistle Seed. They will come year round, but in the fall you will begin to notice them changing color to a brown shade.

Do you have a bird book? If not, get one! You are going to love identifying them all. Our female rose breasted grosbeak showed up yesterday, so I know the handsome male will arrive soon. So excited!!

Jen