Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Break is over - YES!

We were ready for a break so we took two weeks off for Spring Break.  Last Friday was our last day 'off'.  Yesterday I woke up READY to start a new week in a 'hip, hip, hooray' kind of way.  I have decided I do not do well when we have no agenda.  Our home felt 'out of sorts' the entire two weeks 'off'.  Perhaps it also had something to do with the almost two weeks of rain we received.

I love this time of year!  The weekend was beautiful!!

Our flower beds are showing signs of spring.  I pulled weeds, cleared out leaves so the flowers can pop up. In a few weeks it will be time to mulch.  I so look forward to planting veggies and flowers...but that's a little ways away.

Our bird feeders are full.  I added two additional feeders - one for hummingbirds and one for pretty, little birds (per the lady at the bird feeder store).  One feeder is placed at my window.  I hope we are able to see the birds up close.

We have plans for a larger garden.  Hubby and neighbor decided to clear the 'overgrowth' that separates our yards and make way for a beautiful garden of veggies and flowers.  I can't wait!  It will be so pretty and it will be great to have more room for a larger variety of veggies (including strawberries, melons and potatoes).

The girls are finishing up their school for the day.  They are doing a good job staying focused.  I am in the process of making dough for pepperoni rolls.  Friends are stopping by for games and a walk. It's chillier than yesterday but fresh air is much needed and the dog requires a walk!

P.S. Some of you were wondering - -  -At this moment, I don't think, we are moving, UNLESS the Lord sells our home (without us putting it on the market - he can do that!).  If and when the Lord wants us to move we will HAPPILY move.  Until now we are happy in our home.

Lord you are good!  Thank you for your many blessings.

No comments: