Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paint, Declutter, Give, Comforting...this and that. :)

Last week we painted x2 of the girls bedrooms.  I should say Jason cut in and the girls painted the rest!  They did a FANTASTIC job.  I took charge of clean up & made the rooms look pretty.

The rooms are no longer a shocking color (think BRIGHT pink, brighter than a rainbow). :)  We painted a neutral color which my children think is boring.  I think it's a lovely shade of color (a little tan/brown in it with a tint of bright white - it is pretty).

I have spent several days de-cluttering (if you know me I'm always de-cluttering but this time I de-cluttered in a BIG way, in case we move).  My closets are a now a complete joy to open!  I'm wondering why I waited so many years to complete this simple task!


I have learned, especially this year, to GIVE things away.  For many years I held onto things to post on Ebay or sell at a sale.  God has blessed our family with some pretty amazing gifts this year and I see it as a direct result of freely giving, no strings attached.  I'm not saying I'll never have a garage sale again! :)

I spent a good part of today putting school papers into binders.  I even organized all IEW writing into one binder.  This was a MUST!  Every time we started writing no one knew where their papers were & so we never go anywhere.  From Sept thru March we are only on lesson 5!  I certainly hope that makes many of you smile and feel better about your homeschool.

Which reminds me -
When I took my children to a Nature Center field trip, earlier this week, they were not able answer ONE question pertaining to fish, lizards, water animals, cold blooded/warm blooded....  I asked them why to which they replied; "Mom you never taught us any of that.  I didn't know the answers."  I don't know if I should cry or simply scream. :)  It didn't help that all of the other homeschooled children knew all of the answers and had additional info to add.

I will end by saying our school year is by no means a waste.  In fact, I see my children growing by leaps and bounds in other areas and I am thankful to the Lord for that.  The Lord is teaching me I will never be able to do it all and do it well.  God will direct me minute by minute (when I slow down enough to give him the lead) and He fills the gaps when I depend solely on Him.  Isn't that comforting? 

We serve an amazing God!

No comments: