Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Listen to the TRUTH

I am behind on blogging and am half tempted to not even post this, however, I believe the Lord is asking me to post for whatever reason.  May the Lord bless someone with what he has been teaching me.
 
Satan is full of deceit, trickery and perverts the right ways of the Lord.

Deceit: Bait, metaphorically and generally fraud, guile, deceit.
Trickery: Wicked schemes or plots.
Perverted: To turn or twist throughout; distort, pervert, seduce, mislead; to turn away.

If this is true of Satan then why do I, at times, choose to listen to him?  Satan lies!  Satan has wicked schemes!  Satan likes to twist things, mislead people, distort the truth!

Because I am a follower of Christ I assume I am wise enough to know when Satan is whispering lies.

Today as I was spending time with the Lord he pointed out that I AM listening to Satan. 

Let me explain –

Every winter my husband’s job comes to a halt or very slow spell.  It’s inevitable since he’s in construction.  His line of work, concrete, does not do well in snow, rain, or cold weather.  Since we have been married, 15 years, my husband has been slow, at work, during the winter months.  This equals less income.

Did I mention this has been an ongoing occurrence for 15 years?  By now I should be used to this, should be able to prepare, and should be fine with the situation, knowing the Lord always takes care of us.

Every winter I choose to stress about this thing called little work, little income.

When we were first married it was simple.  I took a part time job with a temporary agency and worked those 3 months.  My husband watched the kids, I earned a little extra money for our family, and all was ‘good’.

Fast forward 15 years.  We have 3 children we are educating at home.  My husband is working as needed.  Each week is unpredictable.

I asked my husband if he would like me to work.  If we all work really hard I could get the kids started with school, go off to work, and return home to work on school in the evenings.  My husband said NO.  He wants to take care of our family and he is doing so as the Lord provides work.

But AGAIN, this morning, as I was having quiet time with the Lord my mind kept wandering to the possibility of working, outside the home, just a little, to get through these months.

Problem = need more income.  Solution = get a job, bring in income.  Stress = gone!

NOT SO EASY.

As I listened to the Lord, I heard his still, small voice, speak clearly to me.  “Dawn I have you right where I want you.  Stop looking for solutions to what I already have under control.  Right now, today, I want you to teach your children at home.  I want you to enjoy the moment you are in.  Enjoy today.  Stop listening to Satan’s lies.  Satan is distracting you from the current job I have given you within your family.  Trust me. Money is not the answer.  I have you in a ‘lean’ season to completely, depend upon me.  Rather than worry about what you could be doing, outside of the home, to fix the problem, I want you to stay in the home, teach your children, take care of your husband, love him, and be content with where I have you.”

Then it dawned on me.  Satan wants me out of the home.  Satan knows that the Lord has me in the home. 

I am reminded that the Lord has cared for our family each and every year.  We are blessed in so many ways.  Today I DO want to enjoy right where God has placed me.

I need to, daily, ask the Lord for his truths.  Satan has a way of lying to us and before long we don’t even realize its Satan talking into our minds. 

Lord please help me to discern your truths from lies.  I desire to honor you and stay within the path you have for me.

Proverbs 28:26  Those who trust their own insight are foolish, but anyone who walks in wisdom is safe.

Proverbs 21:30  No human wisdom or understanding or plan can stand against the Lord.

Proverbs 4:27  Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.

No comments: