Friday, July 1, 2011

PRAYER IN ALL THINGS!


It's a simple thing to do but how often do I remember to do it?  Sadly, not often enough!  For some reason I think there isn't enough time to pray...

I know prayer works!  God is faithful!  All I need to do is ask! 
When I try to get things done on my own it's hard work!  It only creates more work when I depend on my own strength!

Sometimes I forget God is the one who opens doors not I.  God will even close doors that need closing and that is a good thing!


So I started some specific praying today.  I'm asking God to provide volunteers in some areas needed.  Instead of asking and begging people to help I'm trusting God to prepare the workers for the jobs. 

I will also ask God to prepare my kiddos 2011/2012 school plan with my help.  So often I try to do this in my own strength.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll ask God to show me ways to build up my family rather than tear down.

God is so patient, loving and kind with me.  What a relief!

It's really very simple! 

  • Pray
  • Wait
  • See results
  • Praise God!

God reminded me that I can spend an hour in prayer then move forward swiftly.  Or I can spend no time in prayer then move forward sluggishly, getting no where.  Ahh, thank you Lord! So true.  This picture says it all!


Thank you Lord!  You don't want me doing everything in my strength.  What a relief!  In everything lean upon you and you will provide in abundant ways!

1 comment:

Jen said...

One of my favorite posts! I am always encouraged when I am finished reading here....

"...I can spend an hour in prayer then move forward swiftly. Or I can spend no time in prayer then move forward sluggishly, getting no where." Totally quotable!