Friday, August 5, 2011

SUMMER BLESSINGS

I am alive & well even though I have not had blogging time.

This week we are enjoying Vacation Bible School.  Last week we were doing something - I think it was something fun but now I can't recall.  I can hardly believe it's August.  Time sure does seem to go fast.

Summer Highlights -



Our gardens are coming in.  One is not doing so well & the other is beautiful!  I think our soil could use a nutrient boost next year.  We are enjoying lettuce, beans, peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, potatoes (soon I hope), and even tomateos (which I don't have a clue what to do with the hundreds we have!). 



I made tons of pesto with our basil and parsley plants (they are growing like crazy).  Our cilantro (sad) did not come in.  I'm sure those pesky rabbits ate it!  Our dill plant died and not sure why!  I will try again next year.  And I almost forgot our yummy kale which I am juicing with on occasion. :)

This week at vbs I am in charge of getting everything organized and prepped for snacks.  There are 400 kiddos so that equals a lot of food.  It's enjoyable and I really, really like the planning, prepping and more planning.  I know - weird!  It really does bring me joy to see all those cute kids happy with their snacks.



Later this month our church will host a Bright Lights conference.  It is going to be great!  We are so excited to see what the Lord has in store.  We are still lacking volunteers so I'm going to get praying and praying some more!  We are expecting 200-400 girls and Mom's.  Right now it's lots of planning & work.  Soon it will be here and I know it's going to be a blessing to so many!

I will end by saying we are having a great summer. I love my family and the joy they bring.  Sometimes I get a little upset over the messes and nonstop dishes but today the Lord clearly gave me a thought:



"I blessed you with a WONDERFUL husband, three beautiful children, a devoted dog and two silly bunnies.  Those blessings come with messes.  You could have had a neat, spotless, clean home; stain free carpets, non smudged windows, perfect grass (without pee spots & poop - from the dog of course! :)), shoes neatly put away, less dirty dishes, less chaos but that all comes without a family.  I blessed you with the sweet family you have under my care, messes and all.  Enjoy it!"



Thank you God!  I love my family and the messes they bring!  What a blessing and a great reminder for myself.

No comments: